The fake tree. Notice the holes. Not cute!
1. We hang three strands of lights, winding them in and out of the branches.
2. I fill the holes with holly. Here is my stash.
3. I then hang silver mirrored ball ornaments as far toward the trunk of the tree as I can. The mirrored balls help to reflect the lights and create an illusion of depth. Before I am ready to even decorate I have put 62 ornaments on the tree.
4. Here is how it looks at this point (with the beautiful glass icicles I just bought- look for a future posting on my fav holiday decor). Now that I have fixed the "architecture" of the tree I am finally ready to hang the decorative ornaments.
5. I personally keep the color palette simple white, red and silver. Finished!
Post a Comment